Check if ur USB is a Fake or Real
Sunday, February 6, 2011| Surbhi Verma
Do you have a USB Drive or Memory card?
If yes, then you must know the facts of your USB and also you should be able to answer the following questions confidently....
Is your USB is Genuine or Fake?
Does your USB is really manufactured by the Brand name mentioned on it?
Is the actual capacity/memory of ur USB is same as it claims?
If you are confused in answering any of the above questions then you should keep reading and must know about the facts of USB Drives.
These days marketing of fake things has become very common... 'aata, dal, chawal.. cosmetics. in sabme fake hona ye to bahut purani bat ho gai, ab to bhai computer and electronics ka jamana h, to fakes bhi usi me hi honge na '.
well, to prevent these fraud acts is very difficult, but we can do one thing, by not supporting those fakers who takes good amount of our innocence and sell us a cheap fraud product.
First of all what’s FAKE USB?
- Fake USB are USB's those looks like the real USB flash drive, but claims higher capacities than they actually have.When you plug them into a computer, they reports to the operating system wrong information about USB size then they have the same capacity they were sold as. For example – You buy USB flash drive 16Gb or 32GB or more, but real capacity is 8Gb or 4Gb or less.
Everything seems good with these USB's but when you try to copy more data then the actual size of USB then they always get an error of write fails or freezes up the drive, or it overwrites existing data.
- The another act of Fake/Pirated USB is the data reading and writing speed they have.In general A genuine USB flash drive will complete data transfer of a single 1GB file anywhere from 50 to 180 seconds writing to. Usually the writing time is twice as long as the reading time andfake will take an excessively long time (1 to 7 hours) only 'pretending' writing but the data was not actually being written. Hence when you try to read it back, it will claim data as being CORRUPT.
Usually the Data transfer rate is different of USBs from different brands. you can check some USB's read/write speed here.
How to check if your USB is real or Fake?
- Download software h2testw, and extract the folder.
- Before using the software, first do emply your USB drive, so that the correct information as be gained.
- Now run the h2testw.exe and select target drive(suppose your USB drive have G: drive then select it.)
- Now check the actual space of your USB in 'Data volume.
- and now for checking the read/write speed of your USB, press the Write+Verify Button.
Here is a sample list of picture collection of all notorious counterfeit USB drives with fake 1GB to 8GB capacities. Hope this helps everyone to identify and avoid buying them!
Posted in USB
7 comments for this post
Leave a reply
TechByte4U on Facebook
free idm, serial key Internet Download Manager(also known as Idman) is an excellent internet download accelerator that will care of...
Previously i have posted about how to hack any account using phishing pages.... Now in this post i m gonna explain how you can make phi...
Internet Download Manager 6.07 Registration Serial Number free idm, serial key Hi Friends, In this tutorial i am gonna explain a way...
Some months before a L'Oreal beauty product ad featured Julia Roberts and Christy Turlington was banned in UK, because of highly ...
Previously i have written some articles about software keyloggers, but hardware keylogger has many advantages over software keyloggers that...
How to send messages to all guests in Facebook events... Facebook Trick On Facebook sometimes people need to send any information or m...
Hack Google plus I hope till now all of you know what is google plus, so i am not going to write more about Google plus here. If yo...
Hi Friends, Probably its the last part of this tutorial. In this tutorial i will explain step by step that how you can make your own FR...
In some lock Folder sometimes it happens that if any one do uninstall the software the locked file also get delete with other files of tha...
In response to query asked by Ameer Hasan Malik Did you forget your windows login password? or want to access Admin account in schoo...